Landlord gas safety certificates Essex
It is a legal requirement for landlords to have all the gas appliances in a rented property safety-tested every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Our Gas safe-registered engineers are qualified to carry out gas safety inspections and issue certificates. If the appliance requires repairs or servicing, this work can usually be carried out during the same visit at a reduced cost.
Upon completion of all necessary safety checks you will be issued with a certificate. This certificate will be proof that all appliances are safe to use, a copy will need to be given to your tenant within 28 days of being issued and you will also need to retain a copy for two years from this point.
All safety inspections include:
- - Full system soundness test to confirm no gas leaks in property
- - Appliance check for gas soundness
- - Pressure check
- - Burner pressure/gas rate checked against manufacturer's data plate/manual
- - Ventilation check
- - Flue flow test to ensure removal of products of combustion
- - Ensuring satisfactory operation of all flame failure devices
- - Checks for any installation defects that don't comply with current regulations
- - Investigation into any evidence of unsafe operation and report to the responsible person
Failure to produce valid gas safety certificates (CP 12) can result in prosecution, and can also invalidate your property insurance, which in turn means you may be liable for potentially expensive civil claims.
The landlord is responsible for this aspect of their tenants safety. If you are a landlord and have gas appliances that require gas safety certificates.
Call us now on 07944046974, or phone our office on 01702 307024 and an engineer will call you back.